Thursday 29 September 2011

Article - Conference from the other side

The BIALL newsletter was recently published and distributed to members, and included an article "Conference from the other side" (needs membership log in), giving an overview of how I prepare to give a presentation as a speaker at a conference.

In the article I talk about how I:
  • choose a theme (where can I add value, what will interest the delegates?)
  • gather information and fact-check (well in advance of the conference date)
  • devise slides and select images (after I've roughed out my key points)
  • prepare the timing and delivery of the talk itself (a week or so before the conference date)
The BIALL newsletter is a major member benefit (this issue runs to a 28 page pdf) and includes lots of useful articles and information.

No comments:

Post a Comment